Adsense

May KOLL Share Drops For Amazon Select Self Publishers

The May 2012 payout to self publishers participating in the Select program for the Kindle Owners Lending Library dropped from $2.48 per borrow in April to $$2.26 in May. I wasn't particularly surprised since the number of eBooks borrowed during the month rose unexpectedly, after falling steadily since the program was introduced.

I don't know if this means that Amazon sold a whole bunch of new Kindles and Kindle Fires in April, perhaps Mother's Day presents, or if it's a natural rhythm nobody has spotted yet since the select program only began in December of last year.

As I wrote in my current self publishing blog this week, the next month will be a real test for Select as the Harry Potter books are added to KOLL. But no point repeating myself.